This apparatus is designed for the determination of hardness resistance of exterior organic coatings of cookware. It is applicable for ambient temperature test and elevated temperature test. Applying loads of 8N or 4N to the apparatus, then drawing the pencil across 25 mm of an untouched area of the test surface (the surface’s temperature is 200℃ under elevated temp test)at an angle of 45° to it. When pencil fails to cut a clean path through to the substrate, customer finished this test, and record the hardness value.
Pencil Hardness Test Apparatus
● The tester’s operation is user-friendly.
● The pencil position is designed to the angle of 45°, the customer just put it into a test position, with no need for adjustment.
● Load block is demountable, easy to mount and remove.
● Two circular wheels are made of smooth stainless steel, which is easy to draw a pencil across the cookware’s test surface.
● Stainless steel's wheels can work on 200°C surface
● Equips 4N and 8N load for elevated temperature test and ambient temperature test respectively.